Saturday 17 August 2013

Greek salad with your feta?

I can not tell you how much I love a good Greek salad. It's something I could happily eat until it came out of my ears... well you know what I mean.
Whenever i'm on holiday I eat grotesque amounts of the stuff and it has become a real firm favourite of the family!
In Greece you generally are served with a slab of feta on top of your salad, whereas in Britain the feta is usually crumbed on top or cut into cubes! Here I crumbled ours but that would be up to you!
Ingredients:
Feta cheese
black olives
juicy tomatoes
cucumber
red or white onions
red or green peppers
Extra Virgin Olive oil
optional: vinegar
salt & pepper

Chop the vegetables until they are roughly the same size. I don't use many onions as I think they can be overpowering, but thats up to you!
Crumble the feta over the top of the salad, and drizzle the extra Virgin olive oil over the top. Top with a little dried herbs (oregano) and some vinegar if you like!
It's healthy, delicious and reminds me of the lovely Greek tavernas I've visited on previous holidays! The perfect dish for all occasions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment